How New Build Guru works
You buy a new build house and you are led to expect certain things. Construction quality. Decent customer care if anything needs putting right or sorting out after you move in.
So why are there so many stories in the press and on social media about disgruntled and disillusioned new home buyers struggling to get major design and construction defects put right?
People don't, generally, get that upset about defects in their new homes. They get upset when they report those defects to their housebuilder or warranty provider and nothing gets done about them. This scenario is more common than you may realise when you sign up to buy a new build home.
Knowing how to get things put right is essential.
New Build Guru shows you how to get things put right, properly, based on proven best-practice from the UK's leading experts.
How to make the most of New Build Guru
1. Sign up for your free account as soon as possible after you move into your new build home. This will get you access to free self-help resources based on proven best-practice for dealing with snags and defects. The sooner you start learning how to play the game and applying best practice, the more you stand to benefit.
Want new content? Ask questions and request new content at any time. We review all requests and publish new content for free on an ongoing basis.
2. If you discover or are concerned about major defects, or if you have already reported things to your housebuilder yourself and they have ignored or failed or refused to deal with them or are keeping you in the dark about what they intend to do to put things right, you may need to take things to the next level. You may need to get help from an expert surveyor or other technical specialist.
Who do you use? How do you ensure you get the advice and service you need? How do you ensure you get best value?
We have all this covered, and more.
New Build Guru is your gateway to leading surveying firms, expert witnesses and other technical specialists across the UK, who can advise you on all aspects of design and construction defects affecting new build homes.
We help you identify precisely what kind of help you need for your particular circumstances, before you begin.
We help you appoint the right surveyors on the right terms to do the right job and produce the right report in the right format, so you get the best possible service at the best possible price.
We then help you to negotiate effectively with your housebuilder and/or warranty provider for best results, to include claiming back the cost of your surveyor's report and any other losses you may have suffered.
3. If you still have unresolved issues after seeking to resolve things directly with your housebuilder or through your warranty provider, you may need to take things to the next level. You may need to consider legal action.
Who do you use? How do you ensure you get the advice and service you need? How do you ensure you get best value and affordable funding terms?
We have all this covered, and more.
New Build Guru is your gateway to leading specialist law firms with national coverage, who can advise you on all aspects of pursuing legal action in relation to design and construction defects and related matters.
We help you identify precisely what kind of legal help you need for your particular circumstances, before you begin.
We help you appoint the right solicitors on the right terms, so you get the best possible outcome at the best possible price.
We also provide an information and know-how sharing service for our appointed law firms that ensures you get best advice, and maximise your prospects of a successful and cost-effective outcome.
At a glance
- Free website user account
- Free self-help resources
- Expert surveying services
- Leading legal support
- Based on proven best-practice
- Affordable & cost-effective
- Puts you in control